Navigatus is a frontrunner in risk management for maritime activities and navigational safety. Our team includes those with comprehensive knowledge of maritime safety legislation and significant operational experience within both commercial and government organisations.
Important work we have completed for the sector includes the operational role of interim Harbourmaster for Otago Regional Council, contracted Safety Officer to Svitzer BV for the MS RENA salvage operation and risk assessments of proposed ship-fits and extended-life of onboard systems.
How we can help
The Navigatus team combines risk assessment expertise with sector knowledge to develop a complete and accurate understanding of risk to enable sea fearers, owners and port authorities to make complex decisions with confidence.
Our experience in the maritime sector includes:
- Developing extensive risk profiling and analysis. For example, the Coastal Navigation Safety project for Maritime New Zealand
- Analysing risks to support port and harbour operational decision making, including assigning priority rankings for risks and presenting the rationale for each rating
- Supporting risk governance and management. For example, the Safety Management System for Environment Southland
- Developing a national coastal navigational hazard and risk profile
- Providing expert advice advice for a range of applications, including the effect of shore-side and on-water developments on navigational safety
- Appearing as an expert witness to support our assessments. For example, the Expansion Project Expert Witness
- Providing expert project and operational support
- Analysing the risks associated with expansion and other business or operational changes. For example, the Marine Farm Risk Assessment
- Developing a range of solutions/tools to support a greater understanding and quality decision making in regards to vessel safety
Benefits of our services
Engaging our independent risk expertise assures key stakeholders, such as regulators and the wider community, that risks are being managed appropriately. Our advisery services can improve the communication and relationship between stakeholders and your organisation.
Our specialist team will ensure your business, project and operational decisions are well-considered. Additionally, we can support you to safely manage your day-to-day operations and development projects.
With our innovative thinking and fresh perspective, we can help you achieve your short and long term business goals while maintaining optimal operational performance and safety.